Professor Ebba Ossiannilsson's work picks up on national and international agendas associated with online and distance education. Her work on quality, benchmarking in open online learning and OER is particularly noteworthy, as is her untiring work across multiple professional associations.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/039-Ebba-Ossiannilsson-final.mp3 | recorded May 2020
Ebba's profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ebbaossiannilsson
Ebba's blog: https://i4quality.se/blog/
Nominated links (free to access):
- Ossiannilsson, E. (2012). Benchmarking e-learning in higher education. Dissertation. Available from: http://jultika.oulu.fi/files/isbn9789526200415.pdf
- Ossiannilsson, E. (2017). Blended learning: State of the nation. ICDE report. Available from: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b99664675f9eea7a3ecee82/t/5bf0354f40ec9a4076636e0f/1542468958529/Blended+Learning+ICDE+Insight+Paper+2017+compressed.pdf
- Ossiannilsson, E. (2019). OER and OEP for access, equity, equality, quality, inclusiveness, and empowering lifelong learning. International Journal of Open Educational Resources, Vol. 1 (2). Available from: https://www.ijoer.org/oer-and-oep-for-access-equity-equality-quality-inclusiveness-and-empowering-lifelong-learning
- Ossiannilsson, E., Williams, K., Camilleri, A.F., & Brown, M. (2015). Quality models in online and open education around the globe: State of the art and recommendations. ICDE Report. Available from: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b99664675f9eea7a3ecee82/t/5bb8e80f652deaada670aee8/1538844696866/icdequalitymodels22.pdf
- PwC EU Services (2019). Skills for Industry Strategy - Promoting online training opportunities for the workforce in Europe. Available from: https://www.clustercollaboration.eu/news/skills-industry-strategy-promoting-online-training-opportunities-workforce (Ebba was a major contributor)
- EADTU E-Excellence manual (2016). Quality assessment for e-learning: A benchmarking approach (3rd ed.). Available from: https://e-xcellencelabel.eadtu.eu/images/E-xcellence_manual_2016_third_edition.pdf
Nominated works (may require purchase):
- Ossiannilsson, E. (forthcoming). OER: open to ideas, open to the world. SpringerBriefs in Open and Distance Education. NewYork: Springer (writing in progress).
- Ossiannilsson, E. (forthcoming 2020). After Covid-19: Some challenges for universities. A. Tlili, D. Burgos & A. Tabacco. (Eds.) Education in a crisis context: COVID-19 as an opportunity for global learning. Springer, LNET Series
- Ossiannilsson E. Ed. (2019). Ubiquitous inclusive learning in a digital era https://www.igi-global.com/book/ubiquitous-inclusive-learning-digital-era/199080. IGI Global.
- Ossiannilsson, E. (In Press). Online open pedagogy and management. In: F. Altinay & Z Altinay (Eds.). Online pedagogy and management for smart societies. Pegem Akademi. DOI 10.14527/9786257052498
- Ossiannilsson, E. (2019). Transhumanism and innovative leadership - a question of quality. In S. Sisman-Ugur & G. Kurubacak (Eds.). Handbook of research on learning in the age of transhumanism. IGI Global
- Azevedo, A., Azevedo, J., Uhomoibhi, J-, & Ossiannilsson, E. (forthcoming) (Eds). Handbook of Research on Big Data and Learning Analytics. IGI Global.